DIY Thomas Sled
Sledding is even more fun with a Thomas snow saucer
Adhesive vinyl is all it takes to transform a basic snow saucer into something even more fun!
• Blue snow saucer
• Adhesive vinyl (gray, black, and white)
• Pencil / marker
• Various circles (jar lids, small cap, button)
1. Flip the sled over and trace the bottom onto the gray adhesive vinyl.
2. Cut out circle. Trim if needed. Adhere to front side of the sled.
3. Use a jar lid to trace two circles onto the white vinyl; cut out. Draw a mouth shape; cut out.
4. Use a smaller jar lid to trace two circles on the black vinyl; cut out. Trace a button onto the back of black circles and cut out to create eye shine.
5. Cut two triangles for eyebrows on the black vinyl and cut out.
6. Cut a rectangle of black vinyl to create smokestack.
7. Cut a nose shape out of black vinyl and adhere to sled; cover with another nose-shaped scrap of gray vinyl so that only a thin outline of black is visible. (Or, simply use a permanent black marker to draw a nose shape onto the gray vinyl.)
8. Adhere all the pieces of vinyl to the sled.
Crafts with small parts are not suitable for use by children under three.
Thomas & Friends Adventures Train Maker Racing Pack