Thomas & Friends DIY Chalkboard
A few materials, seven easy steps, and then you're done!
This clever craft is the perfect addition to your child's playroom or bedroom.
- 17" Round Wood Board (from the hardware store)
- 8 pieces of curved, wooden train track
- Paint brush
- Chalkboard paint
- Glue gun
- 2 nails
- Paint the round wooden board with the chalkboard paint. (Kids can help!)
- Let it dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Cover the entire painted surface with chalk to condition it (so that your first marks aren't "burned" onto the board forever!) and then wipe clean with a damp washcloth or paper towel.
- Arrange curved wooden train tracks around the edges of the round board.
- Glue down track pieces, one at a time.
- Flip over board and attach the cord to the back with the hammer and nails.
- Flip over board and put the final touches on it by using the hot glue gun to attach the trains to the track.
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at Project Kid and regularly contributes to national magazines. This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.
Thomas & Friends Super Station