Thomas & Friends DIY Mountain Tunnel
All you'll need is some cardboard, paper, and basic supplies
In collaboration with Project Kid
Add some adventure to your track with this easy DIY tunnel!
- Glue stick
- Hot glue gun
- White paper
- Patterned paper
- Silver washi tape
- Train track
- Cut two 7" triangles out of the cardboard.
- Draw a tunnel big enough for your train to fit through and cut out the opening. Repeat with the remaining triangle.
- Cut out two 7" x 3" rectangles from the cardboard.
- Trace the triangles from steps one and two onto the patterned paper, cut out, and glue the patterns to the triangles.
- Hot glue the rectangle pieces to one triangle and then attach the second triangle to the rectangles.
- Trace and cut out snowy peaks from the white paper and then use the glue stick to attach them.
- Use tape to line the tunnel opening for a finishing touch.
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at Project Kid and regularly contributes to national magazines. This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.
Thomas & Friends Adventures Dino-Blast!