DIY Train Felt Board
The best part? You can rearrange the scenery!
In collaboration with Project Kid
A little colored felt, some glue, and a pair of scissors go a long way in creating this cool felt board craft!
- Foam board
- Blue, green, and other colored felt
- Silver pipe cleaners
- Cardboard rectangle
- Craft glue
- Step one: Glue blue felt to board.
- Step two: Using the chalk, draw a background onto the green felt, and then cut out and glue to the blue board.
- Step three: Attach frame by taping it to the back of the board.
- Step four: Trace cardboard rectangle to create train shapes and then cut out train details.
- Step five: Trace coin and cut out to create wheels. Glue everything together to finish train(s).
- Step six: Make train tracks by cutting out thin strips of brown felt and then gluing pipe cleaners to the strips.
- Step seven: Cut out sun, clouds, and trees to create scenery.
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at Project Kid and regularly contributes to national magazines. This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.
Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway Deluxe Railroad Crossing