DIY Train Shelf
All you need are a few wooden trays and some basic supplies!
Make this stunning-but-easy decoration that doubles as a way to neatly organize your kid's favorite trains!
- 1 large utensil tray
- 2 medium trays
- 4 small trays
- Blue rubber bands
- 2 spools
- 5 embroidery hoops
- Blue paint
- Fishing line
- Yellow duct tape
- Hot glue
- Step one: Wrap three rubber bands around each hoop to create train wheels.
- Step two: Paint the edges of the large utensil tray.
- Step three: Glue the sides of two small trays together; repeat with other pair, as well as the two medium trays.
- Step four: Connect all the pairs with glue and attach spools to make the train funnel.
- Step five: Loops fishing line through the wheels and then attach them to the bottoms of the two trays by taping the line to the backsides.
- Step six: Cut ribbon strips and add velcro, adhering them to the side of the utensil tray.
- Step seven: Place the utensil tray horizontally on the left and the glued pairs to the right. Adding tracks to the far-left vertical slots with the ribbon and add trains onto the shelves.
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at Project Kid and regularly contributes to national magazines. This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.
Thomas & Friends TrackMaster Criss-Cross Junction