DIY Thomas & Friends MINIS Lampshade
This easy DIY idea will light up your kid's railroad-themed room
All this takes is hot glue and a handful of Thomas & Friends MINIS to turn a lampshade into a fun, easy DIY decor project. Talk about a bright idea!
• Lampshade and lamp
• LED lightbulb
• Paint pen (white)
• Chalk (white)
• Glue gun and hot glue
• Thomas & Friends MINIS
1. Use white chalk to draw faint parallel track lines on the lampshade.
2. Trace the chalk lines with a white paint pen.
3. Draw perpendicular cross bars between the parallel lines to create track ties every ¾”.
4. Use hot glue to secure the Thomas MINIS to the tracks. Let dry.
5. Attach the lampshade to the base of the lamp.
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at Project Kid and regularly contributes to national magazines.
Crafts with small parts are not for use by children under three.
Thomas & Friends Wood Hugo Toy Train