DIY Thomas the Train 3D Valentine
Hop on the valentine train with this homemade Thomas!
The best part? Most of this DIY train is made of candy!
- 4 mini chocolate bars
- Number stickers
- 2 twist ties
- 2 square taffy candies
- 6 chocolate coins
- Small Thomas face printout
- Colored tape (black, red, and blue)
- Mini chocolate candy canister
- Using the black tape, wrap a thick stripe near the top of the mini candy canister.
- Create three thin stripes using the red tape.
- Add a number sticker to the right of the red stripes. It's already starting to look like Thomas!
- Using the red tape, stack and wrap together two mini chocolate bars (still in their original foil wrappins). Repeat with the remaining pair.
- Using the blue tape, wrap the two taffy candies (still in their original wax wrappings) so they're side-by-side. Add a strip of black tape to the top of the wrapped taffies.
- Apply glue dots to the tops of the red-wrapped pairs of mini chocolate bars. Secure the candy canister on top.
- Use glue dots to attach the blue-wrapped taffies to the top of the canister, with the black stripe facing up.
- Add three chocolate coins across the width of each side on the bottom by also using more glue dots.
- Glue on a twist tie across each set of wheels.
- Glue on the Thomas face printout to the flat top of the candy canister. Ta da!
Amanda Kingloff is the author of Project Kid and Project Kid: Crafts That Go! She posts fresh craft ideas weekly at Project Kid and regularly contributes to national magazines. This craft is not for use by children under three years of age.
Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway Scenes of Sodor Tunnel Set